In this post, I show you how simple it is to make grilled asparagus.
If you have been following me for a while, you know I love any recipe or cooking method that can be altered to create different versions of the same basic dish or that can be used with different ingredients to create a different meal. I love variety when it's easy to accomplish.
The Basic Recipe
· 1 bunch of Asparagus, woody ends trimmed
· Olive Oil
· Garlic Powder and Salt
· Dill and/or Parsley
· Lemon Wedge
· Grated Parmesan
Heat the grill pan. Preheat the grill pan so it is sizzling hot.
Prep the asparagus. Trim the asparagus. Coat with a drizzle of olive oil and flavor with a sprinkle of garlic powder (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/4 tsp). With your hands, rub the asparagus to evenly distribute oil and flavoring.
Grill it. Place the asparagus on the grill in a single layer. Allow to cook for a few minutes and then turn to cook the other side. Cook until just tender.
Serve. Perfect for a healthy snack or a side dish for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Watch Me Make It
· Serve drizzled with pesto or chimichurri.
· Top with chopped roasted red peppers.
· Top with sundried tomatoes, kalamata olive, and feta cheese.
· Serve with a wasabi dipping sauce.
· Season olive oil with chili powder and cumin
· Substitute another vegetable for the asparagus.
Leave me a comment letting me know what variation you want to try!